StopTech Big Brake Kit, 4-piston calipers, 13" or 14" rotors, 1994-2004 Mustang
StopTech Big Brake Kit with 4-piston calipers and 13" or 14" rotors for the front of a 1994-2004 Mustang. Complete kit includes ST-40 4-piston calipers, choice of 13" (332mm) or 14" (355mm) rotors, braided stainless-steel hoses, street compound pads, and all required brackets and hardware.
Free brake fluid!
You'll need brake fluid, so let MM supply it. Your choice!
- Ford HP, 12 oz. bottle, Quantity of 5
- Wilwood 570, 12 oz. bottle, Quantity of 4
- Motul 600, 500 ml (16.9 oz.) bottle, Quantity of 3
(48-state ground service)
- Designed for the stock SN95 master cylinder and Cobra rear rotor diameter for best compatibility with ABS and optimum bias ratio.
- Important: Check for clearance to your wheels with this required wheel clearance drawing. Sideways clearance to the spokes is a more likely interference point than diameter.
- Fitment to a 1979-1993 Mustang is possible with the proper modifications, one MMBAK-4, and the appropriate-size master cylinder.
StopTech brakes are a proven winner in the American Iron race series. Whether you've got a dedicated racecar or a street-driven car that occasionally battles it out at the track, StopTech Big Brake Kits provide awesome stopping power and shorter stopping distances. StopTech is known for engineering advances in caliper, rotor, hat, and hose design, which have led to optimized systems for the Mustang that provide the shortest stopping distances possible. The advanced brake balance gives a firmer brake pedal, less pedal travel, and superior brake modulation.
StopTech Big Brake Kits rank among the world's best high-performance brake upgrade systems. Increased heat capacity from large, 2-piece AeroRotors allows braking harder, stop after stop, with reduced chance of fade. StopTech ST series calipers, which feature patented stiffening bridges and braided stainless-steel brake hoses, reduce system compliance, providing a firmer and more consistent pedal feel.
StopTech has mastered the engineering of increasing heat capacity and reducing compliance without upsetting the Mustang's stock front-to-rear brake torque ratio. The company developed its proprietary Balanced Brake Upgrade design philosophy, which precisely splits the front and rear braking proportions while considering vehicle weight transfer during braking. Optimal brake balance is achieved by using caliper piston sizes specifically chosen for each Mustang application.
StopTech Big Brake Kits include forged, 2-piece ST calipers; large 2-piece AeroRotors; stainless-steel brake lines, brake pads, and application-specific caliper brackets.
StopTech Big Brake Kits include forged, 2-piece ST calipers; large 2-piece AeroRotors; stainless-steel brake lines, brake pads, and application-specific caliper brackets.ST-40 caliper
- Made of forged aluminum.
- Unique bolt-in bridge greatly stiffens the caliper, improving pedal feel and modulation.
- 4-piston differential bore design distributes the clamping force over the length of each pad evenly, improving braking ability and pad life.
- Pistons are hard-anodized aluminum.
- Piston dust boots are included.
- Anodized for protection before being painted for color.
- Weighs 7.9 lbs.
- Choice of rotor diameters, 13" (332mm) or 14" (355mm).
- 1.25" (32mm) thick rotors are thicker than stock, increasing thermal capacity.
- 2-piece, full-floating design allows the disc to float in both axial and radial directions. Belling of the cast-iron rotor is lessened, which reduces stress cracking.
- Curved vanes with unique leading and trailing edges increase airflow through the rotor by 80% over straight-vane rotors and by 30% over other curved-vane rotors. The result is a cooler rotor, which improves brake performance.
- StopTech's unique AeroHat directs air to the outer face of the rotor. This reduces the always present temperature differential between the inner and outer rotor faces, decreasing the outer pad's wear and reducing rotor cracking.
- Black-anodized aluminum AeroHat minimizes transfer of heat into the wheel hub and bearings.
- 13" rotor and hat assembly weighs 17.2 lbs.
- 14" rotor and hat assembly weighs 18.0 lb.
Available in 4 versions: slotted with plain finish, slotted with plating, drilled with plain finish, drilled with plating.
- Slotted rotors vent hot gasses created between the pad and rotor during heavy braking, improving pad bite and longevity. Slotted rotors are recommended for Mustangs that may be track driven.
- Drilled rotors provide a unique look and are well-suited for street driving. Good for use in rain, but not recommended for track use due to likelihood of cracking from extreme heat.
- Both slotted and drilled rotors are available with zinc plating to resist corrosion, providing better heat dissipation over time and better appearance. Plain, un-plated rotors are less expensive.
- Braided stainless-steel hoses provide quicker response, firmer pedal feel, and easier brake modulation.
- DOT-compliant hoses feature a unique swiveling end that ensures correct alignment and fitment to the chassis hard line. StopTech manufactures these stainless-steel braided PTFE-lined brake hose assemblies.
- StopTech's high-performance street compound pads are included.
- Will fit with some modifications and additional parts.
- With properly matched rear disc brakes, use a 1" bore master cylinder. For help choosing a master cylinder size, use MM's Technical Services.
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.