Steering Shaft Assembly, Manual Steering Rack, 1994-2004 Mustang
- MMST-15.2 supersedes MMST-15.1 and MMST-15.
- The MMST-15.2 Steering Shaft fits the 2017-redesigned Flaming River manual steering racks for the SN95 Mustang chassis.
- The MMST-15.2 also fits the previous 2 generations of Flaming River manual steering racks, as well as other aftermarket manual rack brands.
- The first 2 generations of MM Steering shaft (MMST-15 and MMST-15.1) do NOT fit the 2017 Flaming River manual steering racks because Flaming River changed the retention feature on the input shaft of their manual steering racks, requiring the shaft allow clocking the steering wheel to center it.
- The earlier Flaming River racks have a circular groove machined entirely around the input shaft. The newest Flaming River racks have a circular groove only on one side of the input shaft that intersects the shaft in a straight line. The groove is for the lower U-joint pinch-bolt. The new retention feature prevents use of the MMST-15 and MMST-15.1 Steering Shafts.
This MM solid Steering Shaft Assembly fits 1994-2004 Mustangs equipped with a Flaming River manual steering rack. This steering shaft is required when installing a manual rack because the steering shafts for power racks (stock or aftermarket) do not fit the input shaft of a manual rack.
The new MMST-15.2 allows clocking the steering wheel to properly match with the newest (2017) Flaming River rack design. Without the ability to clock the steering wheel, the steering wheel will not be centered.
- Don't forget rack bushings.
- For manual rack only. Does NOT fit power rack. Power steering rack requires MM's Power Steering Shaft.
- Allows converting to manual steering rack.
- Improves steering response by eliminating deflection allowed by the stock rubber rag joint.
- Reduces annoying play at the steering wheel.
- Stays secure because there are no setscrews to loosen.
- Precise fitment to your Mustang because its telescoping length accommodates different steering rack positions.
- Easier installation because it can be collapsed to a shorter length, then extended to fit.
- U-joints are welded to the shaft, therefore no setscrews to loosen.
- Lower connection only fits manual rack input shaft.
- Attaches to steering rack with a pinch-bolt clamp (just like OEM) instead of a setscrew.
- Two race-quality needle-bearing U-joints replace the rubber rag joint and the OEM upper pin-and-block U-joint.
- Telescoping design allows lengthening to allow repositioning of the steering rack, as happens with some aftermarket k-members or when offset rack bushings are installed.
- Unique design of the collapsible center section prevents the two halves from pulling apart.
- 1994-2004 Mustang converted to a manual steering rack
- 2017-design Flaming River manual steering racks
- Previous generation Flaming River manual steering racks
- Other brands of manual steering rack
- Any power steering rack
- Item Requires Shipping