Steering Shaft Assembly, SN95 Power Steering Rack, 1979-93 Mustang
- Fits stock Ford power steering rack
- Does NOT fit Flaming River power steering rack
Read the installation article in Mustang Monthly.Benefits
- Hybrid steering shaft assembly allows installation of a 1994-04 power steering rack in a 1979-93 Mustang.
- Improves steering response by eliminating deflection allowed by the stock rubber rag joint.
- Reduces annoying play at the steering wheel.
- Stays secure because there are no setscrews to loosen.
- Improved header clearance at the lower U-joint.
- Precise fitment to your Mustang because its telescoping length accommodates different steering rack positions.
- Easier installation because it can be collapsed to a shorter length than stock, then extended to fit.
- Improved safety because it adds a collapsible section between the rack and the firewall.
- Unique upper shaft allows proper clocking of Fox Mustang steering wheel to match SN95 steering rack.
- Attaches to 1994-04 steering rack with a pinch-bolt clamp (just like OEM) instead of a setscrew.
- U-joints are welded to the shaft, no setscrews to loosen.
- Two race-quality needle-bearing U-joints replace the rubber rag joint and the upper pin-and-block U-joint.
- Telescoping design allows lengthening, up to 1.1" longer than stock shaft, to allow repositioning of the steering rack.
- Unique design of the collapsible center section prevents the two halves from pulling apart.
- Collapses shorter than a stock shaft.
For more technical information about steering shafts, click the button below.
- Don't forget rack bushings.
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.