MM K-member, Mustang, 2005-2014
MM K-member for 2005-2014 Mustangs. This new MM design achieved not only our primary design goal of improved handling performance for a lowered Mustang, but it also met all of our secondary goals.
Design Goals Achieved
- Optimized roll center height for a Mustang lowered to the limit of the American Iron rules.
- Stronger and stiffer than stock k-member, to allow less deflection under cornering and braking loads.
- Fits stock motor mounts, for least change in NVH
- Fits stock front control arms, with stock or aftermarket bushings
- Fits both electric and hydraulic steering racks
- Allows easy oil pan removal without requiring additional engine support
- Upgradable to SLA suspension
- Bumpsteer kit. If you do not already have a suitable bumpsteer kit, the Mm5TR-2 can be purchased as an "option" with this MM k-member.
- Some means to support the engine during installation. MM's engine support MMT-11 can be purchased as an "option" with this MM k-member.
Not compatible with extended-length ball joints.
- Bumpsteer kit. A bumpsteer kit is required with the Mm5KM-7.
- Bumpsteer gauge. This gauge makes proper installation of the bumpsteer kit easy.
- Manual transmission cooler scoop. Swap the standard brace for the Mm5KB2-21 scoop brace
- Engine support beam. Makes installation easier and faster.
- Lightweight radiator core support.
- Core support brace/adjustable mount for swaybar.
- Extreme Lowering Kit with spacer and bolt-through bumpsteer kit to allow use of upper control arm pivot holes. Not yet available.
- Improved cornering ability due to raised roll center height.
- Improved turn-in response and more precise control due to increased rigidity. This MM k-member has 30% less lateral deflection than a stock k-member has at the same cornering load.
- No need to buy new front control arms; the robust stock control arms are used.
- No change in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) when stock motor mounts are used.
- No change in NVH when stock front control arm bushings are used.
- Increased rigidity improves front end stability and predictability.
- Allows oil pan removal without the need for hanging the engine from a support beam.
- Has provision for mounting upper control arms, for a future upgrade to an SLA suspension.
- Control arm pivot standard location is 5/8" higher than stock, with second set of holes 1-3/8" higher than stock.
- DOM steel tube construction
- Includes 2-point brace to stabilize rearward control arm mounts
- Weight: 42.5 lbs.
- Compatible with aftermarket front control arm bushings
- Works with both S197 steering rack types, hydraulic and electric
- Has mounting brackets for MM radiator core support brace that also serves as an adjustable mount for the front swaybar.
- Compatible with stock 2011-2014 radiator core support brace (minor modification to the OEM brace required).
- Durable black powdercoat finish
- Mounting points for future addition of an SLA upper control arm
- 2005-2014 Mustang
- Stock motor mounts
- Urethane replacement motor mounts
- Stock front control arms, 2005-2014
- Stock front control arm bushings
- Aftermarket replacement control arm bushings, urethane and Delrin
- 2005-2010 hydraulic steering rack
- 2011-2014 electric steering rack
Does NOT fit:
- Extended-length ball joints because the bumpsteer spacers required with an extended-length ball joint cause the tie-rod to exceed its angularity range.
- Item Requires Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.