MM Damper Package, struts & shocks, 1987-2004 solid-axle Mustang
3rd-Gen MM Dampers (black series)
MM's 3rd-Generation dampers have new features to improve usability and ease installation of coil-overs. Powdercoated black to distinguish them from the yellow 1st- and 2nd-Gen dampers.
- Appropriate spindles; see the list on the Fitment tab.
- Double-shear shock mounting brackets; see the Fitment tab for more info.
Maximum Motorsports' Damper Package for 1987-2004 solid axle-equipped Mustangs provides the superior damping control required for performance handling springs.
Our Street and Sport series are engineered to deliver both good ride quality and great performance. The Race series bumps it up to excellent handling for track Mustangs.Save 5% with this package. Base package includes:
- 2 MM Struts
- 2 MM Shocks
- 2 MM Upper Shock Mounts (MMSM-20)
Better by Design
MM's Engineering Team designed our 3rd-Gen Black series dampers with more features and benefits than our 2nd-Gen dampers, which were already a step above many other mustang dampers.
- 3rd-Gen MM inverted monotube strut provides superior performance.
- 3nd-gen MM Shock raises the bar for Mustang shocks.
- Choice of applications: Street, Sport, or Race.
- Coil-over ready; no modifications required for a coil-over conversion.
- Monotube design provides superior damping.
- Reduced fading with high gas pressure.
See the Spring Rate tab for a list of spring rates that each MM strut series will control.
We also have complete packages with coil-overs and MM dampers! We'll get you set up great with a minimum of fuss and effort on your part.Dustcover Notes
- Street series MM Struts include dustcover.
- Sport and Race series MM Struts do not include dustcovers. Add to your package using the option or order separately.
- Rear shock dustcover is part of the MMSM-20 kit included in this package.
- 1979-2004 Mustang with stock upper strut mounts.
- MM Caster Camber Plates for 1979-2004 Mustangs.
- Other companies' camber plates that correctly fit the stock struts in 1979-2004 Mustangs.
- 1987-1993 Mustang V8 spindles
- 1984-1986 SVO Mustang spindles
- All 1994-2004 Mustang spindles
- 1987-1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe spindles
Does NOT fit:
- 1979-1993 Mustang 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder spindles
- 1979-1986 Mustang V8 spindles
- Any Thunderbird spindle other than 1987-1988 Turbo Coupe
Required for non-coil-over installation (stock-location springs):
- Dustcover. Street series includes dustcover, but the Sport and Race series do not.
Required for coil-over installation:
- MM Coil-over Conversion Kit
- MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Shock Fitment Notes
The 3rd-Gen MM Shocks in this package fit:
- All 1986-2004 Mustang 8.8" solid axles
- 1979-1985 Mustangs only when upgraded to OEM Ford or MM double-shear shock mounting brackets.
- 1979-1993 7.5" axles fitted with OEM Ford 8.8" axle double-shear lower shock mounting brackets or MM double-shear brackets
- All 1994-2004 7.5" solid axles
- 1984-1985 7.5" axles equipped with quad shocks, as those axles have the correct double-shear lower shock mounting brackets
- MM double-shear Lower Shock Mount brackets, MMSM-2
MM Shocks do NOT fit:
- Any MM Rear Coil-over Kits other than those listed directly on the MM Shock product page
- IRS-equipped Mustangs
Required for all applications
- Upper Shock Mount Kit. Non-coil-over upper mount is selected by default.
Required for non-coil-over installation
- If your Mustang doesn't have the OEM Ford double shear-style lower shock mounting brackets, you'll need either a pair of OEM brackets or two of MM Lower Shock Mount (MMSM-2); one if your Mustang has the MM Panhard Bar.
Required for rear coil-over installation
- If you have an MM Panhard Bar, the axle mount does double-duty as the lower shock mount for the driver side, and therefore 1 MMSM-2 is required for the passenger side. If you don't have an MM Panhard Bar, you'll need 2 of the MMSM-2 shock-to-axle mounting brackets.
MMSM-2 does not include the lower shock mount bolt (12mm by 70mm, grade 10.9) and matching nut.
- Item Requires Shipping